Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Coffee inside display and broken latch on Macbook Pro 17"
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:56 pm 
Hi,

I spilled coffee and my Macbook Pro is fine except for a coffee stain which appears in between the outer plastic and the LED of my screen in the lower right corner. The display works perfectly, but I can see this stain and it is annoying. Can anyone please give me some advice on what I can do about this? Is this something Apple can clean for me or is it possible for me to disassemble and get in there myself to clean it? Do I need a new LED?

The next problem I have it that my latch is broken. It looks like the small hooks that are inside the hole in the bottom pan are actually broken. They do not come up and the last time I wiggled the computer, I saw one briefly and then it disappeared leading me to believe that it's either completely unset or physically broken off. Could you please advise me on the correct part for this?

Thanks,
Ted

Post subject: Re: Coffee inside display and broken latch on Macbook Pro 17"
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:09 am 
Site Admin

You will probably need a new LCD.

For the latch, you'd need a new front bezel. We sell them on our site, but if it is one of the newer models it may not be compatible.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:35 am 
It's a 17" 2.4GHz w/ hi-res display.

It's not the front bezel that is the problem, but the bottom latches in front of the track pad. The little metal pieces that the hooks which pop out from the top bezel are not engaging. Can you please tell me what part I need?

Thanks,
Ted

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:04 pm 
Site Admin

That would need a bottom pan instead of the bezel. It is $239.95 for the santa rosa 2.4ghz or $299.95 for the penryn 2.4ghz.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]