Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: MBP 17" screen goes crazy
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:56 pm 
My 17-inch MBP screen bezel is bent out at the bottom (presumably from pushing the screen open to far). It will no longer stay shut. I was about to order a new bezel when the LCD started acting crazy. There's quite a lot of "slack" in the clutch that holds the screen open. Now, if you try to adjust the screen angle, the bottom 3/4 of the LCD will turn into horizontal & vertical lines - can't see what's on the screen at all. This is easily reproduced by just moving the screen angle back/forth until it happens. The only way to get rid of it is to position the screen at an angle that works and power off/on completely (trial & error).

Questions:
1 - Could this be a display cable issue or is the LCD going bad (related to some movement of the screen angle)?
2 - Since my clutch is already sloppy, do I also need to replace the clutch cover or is this really JUST a cover (i.e. replacing the front bezel will take care of it so I can reuse my clutch cover)?

Thanks,
Kyle

Post subject: Re: MBP 17" screen goes crazy
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:09 am 
Site Admin

The LCD will probably need to be replaced. The bezel will include the hinges to fix your other problem.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]