Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: MBPro 2.16G 17" Inverter Board Pre-Purchase Clarificati
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 1:21 pm 
Hello.

After acquiring that lovely black screen display problem, I am now resorting to a flashlight to see my desktop.

External display works and everything else is fine. I am quite sure that this is a blown inverter board problem and not a logic board issue. It was an on/off failure of the display backlight rather than a slow decline.

There was some confusion at my local repair center where I was informed the inverter board was only available separately on some Pro models (supposedly not mine), and I was looking at a full $1100.00 (CAN) display replacement from Apple.

That is far too much for a 17 inch screen in my opinion.

Thankfully, I see you have it available seperately. I will replace it myself.

Before purchase I want to make sure that my 2.16G Core Duo 17 inch MBPro will accept this hardware before I purchase and take the whole thing apart.

I am also curious if a PDF download link or printout guide will be included with the part shipment (since you do not a 17 inch manual available on your site).

Insight and confirmation would be appreciated before purchase.

If more information is needed (Make or model ID in battery compartment area) to clarify I can provide it.

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:10 pm 
Site Admin

It will work in your machine. If it does not, you can always return it for a refund if within the 90 day refund period.

We are working on a manual for the 17" but it is not complete yet and we have no date yet of its completion. The 15" is similar but there are several differences. You could probably figure it out following the 15" manual.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:58 pm 
OK, thanks for your feedback.

Post subject: Re: MBPro 2.16G 17" Inverter Board Pre-Purchase Clarificati
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:03 pm 
Hey guys. The shipping was prompt. It just took a bit of time to get the tools from a friend and some downtime to do it.

For fun and as appreciation, I did a photo sequence for anyone else who is doing the fix for the dead backlight for a 17" MBP.
Total Repair Time: 20 Minutes (including beer consumed).

Thanks again for supplying the parts. With the money I saved I was able to snag a 24" LCD External display and have extra cash left over than if I had let the official repair centre gouge me to fix it... :shock:

You rock. :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: MBPro 2.16G 17" Inverter Board Pre-Purchase Clarificati
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

great post.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]