Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cracked Macbrook Pro Screen
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:27 pm 

Recently someone sat on top of my Macbook Pro. Not going into detail, but before I buy a new LCD screen, I just want to know if that is (possibly) the only thing that needs to be replaced. Look at these pictures and tell me what you think (it's pretty bad). Also, there is a SLIGHT curvature of the case near the outermost edges (probably from someone sitting on it), not sure if this will affect the re-installation of the LCD at all, just wanted to make sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:38 am 
Site Admin

Most likely just the LCD needs to be replaced, but depending on how bad the bend is, it may affect the new LCD but you won't know until you get the new LCD installed.

Post subject: Re: Cracked Macbrook Pro Screen
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:02 am 
Hey the_seanman...

My screen looks nearly identical to yours, except the bezel isn't bent. How did your repair go? Did you order the part and do it yourself? I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty with this sort of thing, but would surely love to hear if any unforeseen issues came up while replacing this LED display.

Thanks
udawggy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]