Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: 15" MacBook Pro Power/Charging problem
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:27 pm 
My MacBook will not run off of the power adapter, and the adapter will not charge the battery.

When plugged in, the magsafe flashes amber about 2 times per second, at a very regular pace.. I have seen NO information about what this means anywhere.

I have tested the voltage on the adapter, and it seems to be functioning fine. I have tried multiple outlets, and both the 'duck head' wall plug and the standard one. I have reset the PMU and tried to reset the PRAM, but had no indication of the PRAM reset working. The battery is completely dead.

Has anyone seen the flashing amber? Does it mean something specific? Is this likely a logic board problem, dc in board only?

Also, I have seen "DC IN Boards" online for $245, but here at the Medic, the "IO / DC / Magsafe Board" for only $90. Explanation?

Thanks everyone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:45 pm 
Site Admin

It is hard to say. I don't think we've seen that particular issue here in the shop yet. I would try a new adapter first (borrow a friend's), and if that doesn't fix it, I would start with the magsafe board and hopefully that fixes because otherwise its the main logic board and it'll be a real expensive repair.

Post subject: Same trouble
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:52 am 
Hello,
i'm from Reunion island so sorry for my poor english.
I have exactly the same trouble with my power book. It's an A1150 build in China, EEC passed.
As nobody seems to be abble to fix it in my country i've been obliged to put out the HDD (due to the working information) and i'm looking to fix my computer.
I'll probly sent it to Powerbook Medic, they look like serious.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]