Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: MacBook Pro Boot Problems
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:51 am 

My MacBook Pro is hesitant to boot sometimes. It will power up and the light on the front will illuminate with the screen remaining black. It is acting like there is no RAM in the machine. After changing the RAM to the Apple supplied RAM and switching the chips around, I found that it will boot up about 3 out of 5 times with the RAM in the second slot. After it has booted, i have no problems at all until I shut it down. The hardware diagnostics does not find anything wrong. Could this possibly be a mother board issue? I really do not not want to sent it in for service since I need the laptop. I have replaced both fans myself about a month ago with PM supplied parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:52 pm 
Site Admin

The problem could either be a result of the logic board or the Magsafe board. If it still does it with Apple memory, that tends to rule out the memory. If it does it with a battery with a full charge, it is likely the logic board.

-Bradley
Powerbook Medic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]