Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: MacBook Pro Fan Problems
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:47 am 
Site Admin

We've begun to see a trend in the shop with 15 inch MacBook Pro owners having their fans fail on them or become extremely loud. One customer sent in a unit with a fan that was so loud it could be heard 2 rooms away.

So my question is, how many of you out there are having similar problems. We'd like to get a general feeling of about how many of you are experiencing these issues.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Post subject: had the same problem ,
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:05 pm 
i had a problem with my left fan , well , it didnt work at all , so switched only the inside of the fan , wich fixed the problem but then my right fan started to be really really loud , i could hear through a closed door , anyway , now both the fans are working but when i use my computer too roughly the right fan starts doing its music again ,

so im probably going to buy a new fan from here , but i live in holland right now so ill keep searching over here and if i don't find ill just order one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:16 am 
I've got a MBP core duo with fans acting up. The left one sometimes gets so worked up that it sounds like a buzzsaw! It's a very frightening sound.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:33 am 
Site Admin

It is an extremely common issue. We sell replacements at our online store.

-Bradley
Powerbook Medic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 4:23 pm 
I've been having a different problem with my fans... they don't spin up enough. When editing in Motion or Final Cut, I have to turn the fans up. If I don't, then the temp shoots up and the computer shuts off. I thought it might be something to do with the temp sensors not working, but it still reports temps fine - I'll wonder why things are starting to slow down and then see that the fans are going 2000rpm with the temp at 170. Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:51 pm 
Oh, this also regularly leads to artifacts on my screen (due to my video card over heating, I expect?) - normally single-pixel tall horizontal lines of noise across applications opened while overheated, but now it is turning into a pink gradient... please tell me there is stuff I can do here!

Post subject: Re: MacBook Pro Fan Problems
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:58 pm 
I recently began having this problem with a Macbook Pro I've had for two years. The fans have gotten really loud. Especially annoying since I like to watch movies on my laptop.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]