Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: ibook power adapter / not charging
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:59 pm 
I have an ibook a got from a gentlemen, and the adapter is not charging the computer. I'm wondering if a tip was broken off inside at some point, as I heard a bit of rattling I think, it was hard to tell actually.

I tried another power adapter and again didn't get anything. Computer seems to work fine on the battery.

Is there a repair for this?

Regards,
Aaron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:41 am 
Site Admin

It does sound like a tip broke off in the unit. You'll need a new DC-IN board (available at the link below):

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/xcart1/cu ... t=0&page=1

And a new power adapter. (Available at the link below):

http://www.powerbookmedic.com/xcart1/cu ... t=0&page=1

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic.com

Post subject: Re: ibook power adapter / not charging
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:57 pm 
Is the tip missing from the plug?

Post subject: Re: ibook power adapter / not charging
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:08 pm 
The fix for me was simple, but it took a lot of searching before the answer hit - one of those "duh" moments.

The power adapter for my ibook is called a square brick. It quit charging the battery about 4 days ago. I found this thread in the forum, thought "Oh, my goodness, I"m in for it", then started downloading a manual from here. I thought I'd check out prices at ebay and stumbled across a picture of the adapter with the little part beside the big part. I looked at my adapter, noticed a minute gap between the little part and big part, pushed it more firmly together, plugged the adapter in and the ibook is now charging as I type this. Well - duh!

Thought I'd post this as something to try if your power adapter seems to stop working. I didn't notice the minute gap until I had trouble. Hopefully it will be as simple a fix as this was for me.

The manual is still downloading. Hopefully I won't ever need it!

Good Luck!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]