Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: iBook won't boot.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:21 pm 
I have a 1.0ghz G4, 14 inch iBook, about three years old. Last night I tried to start it up, and it just gets a blue/grey screen. No apple logo, or spinning circle image. You can hear the hard drive make some clicking noises. It never boots to the apple logo, and after a minute or two, it powers off for a split second and then tries to restart itself again, to the same result. Is it a hard drive problem? Logic board? Help! It was working perfect three hours earlier!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:53 pm 
Site Admin

If the hard drive is doing abnormal clicking, it is going to be the hard drive. You can boot up from your install cd and run a scan from Disk Utility and see if it reports any errors.

Post subject: iBook g4 stuck on boot screen
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:31 am 
Its stuck on booting on grey white screen no cursor - nothing.

On peoples recommendations Ive held down various keys when booting.

Only things to do anything is target mode in which the icon comes up and bumps round the screen before freezing - the host laptop shows nothing.

And holding down shift shows two small gray icons with the little watch cursor which then freezes.

Ive tried Data Rescue II which ran for 8+ hours and then said it couldnt find files.

I have put in my mac installation cd on the recommendation of a friend but nothing happened and I cant even get it out now.

I really need some of the data but am fairly skint and dont want to have to take it to an expert who will charge a bomb!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]