Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: iBook G4 - Power loss
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:56 am 
Hi,

My beloved iBook has been acting up recently. Initially the back light on the screen was switching its' self off now and again, however things have become more serious.

The battery charge started jumping around at one point going from 98% to zero whilst plugged in. I figured I'd need a new battery, as it is also refusing to charge. However the machine will not work properly without the battery either.

It works for a while and will then just suddenly switch off. It's very frustrating.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:07 am 
Site Admin

The problem is likely either a problem with your power adapter or your DC-IN board.

-Bradley
Powerbook Medic

Post subject: iBook G4 switches off then the clock reset to 1970.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:14 am 
iBook G4 switches off while the battery is fully charged then the clock reset to 1970.
I believe since the date gets reset to 1970 it could be the board battery that need to be replaced. Any ideas, please?

Post subject: Re: iBook G4 switches off then the clock reset to 1970.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

montana wrote:
iBook G4 switches off while the battery is fully charged then the clock reset to 1970.
I believe since the date gets reset to 1970 it could be the board battery that need to be replaced. Any ideas, please?

The PRAM battery that controls the date and time is built into the main battery on the ibooks. You'll most likely need a new battery or there is a problem with the battery contacts.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]