Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: iBook G4 LCD problem (urgent)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:46 am 

I'll spare you all the gory details... My boss has a 12" iBook g4 with a cracked LCD. He picked up a replacement lid (against my advice) that appears to be from an iBook G3 12"... The lid has different cables than the G4. Is the LCD itself compatible? I bought the disassembly manual from PowerbookMedic, which is a million times easier to follow than the others I've found, and it shows the inverter board is not attached to the screen. also, I noticed that the LCD (SKU 9119, Apple part #661-2791) for sale here, is listed as being a replacement part for Powerbooks, iBook G3s, and iBook G4s. Is the LCD in all of those models the same thing, with the difference being in the inverter boards?

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:18 am 

Hi there,

Yep it deffinately fits, the wide data cables are different on the logic board (but fit) but the inverter cable plug is different, you don't need to swap it though, hell of a lot of screws in the screen casing though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:24 am 
Site Admin

LCDs are usually compatible between the 12" G3 and G4 iBooks with rare exceptions. (This is not true for the 14" LCDs between the iBook G3 and G4 however.) The difference is wide and narrow connectors that Scott brings up is not an issue on the 12" units as they all have narrow connectors. This is only true of the 14" iBook G4 LCDs which come as either wide or narrow pin.

-Bradley
Powerbook Medic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]