Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Macnewbie need's help.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:55 pm 

Was given a G4 17" 1.67 with a couple issues.HD is bad I think and so is superdrive.Before I invest any money in this I just want to be certain those are the only problems,it chimes and starts to the Mac looking for folder screen,I've hooked it up via firewire to a G5 and the screen on the laptop shows the G5 desktop,does that mean the logic board on the Powerbook is good?Secondly the optical is a Pioneer but won't accept any disks,whats the recommended replacement that will work?I've read most of the posts here regarding this issue but none of the fixes work.Any and all help is appreciated.I would invest in the repairs providing it's limited to the 2 mentioned problems but I won't go beyond that,cost prohibitive.

Post subject: Re: Macnewbie need's help.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:09 pm 
Site Admin

It sounds like the logic board is probably fine, so you probably just need a new HD and superdrive. We sell both on our site in that category.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]