Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: powerbook g4 1.5 display problem
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:37 pm 

I have a lightly used 15 inch 1.5, last year had the screen replaced by apple as part of a factory fix for bad screen. I used this maybe tens times since. Now I used it for about two hours and ran the battery down to where it shut off. Came home plugged it in to ac, and 15 minutes later opened it to finish my work, it ran flawless for about 5 minutes and then all of a sudden the screen filled with verticle lines of dashes 2 rows of black and one row pink then repeats. It I move the mouse or click on something it gets splotches of square white around that activity, the screen does not clear up and begins to fill with these white blotches. The hinges are tight and it opens like a new machine, everything else works perfect. I don't know where to start is it the screen, the video card or what is wrong???

Post subject: Re: powerbook g4 1.5 display problem
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:57 am 

Just an update, I hooked up an external monitor and got the same results also tried lower resolution, I have tried to reset power too. If I knew what was wrong I could decide the fate of this beauty, does anybody have suggestions?

Post subject: Re: powerbook g4 1.5 display problem
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:53 am 
Site Admin

You may want to try booting up from the install cd just to confirm, but it sounds like your graphics chip has gone bad (possibly overheated). Replacing it will require a new logic board. We sell them for $199.95 in our store while supplies last.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]