Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: 12'' Alum G4 w/narcoleptic pb syndrome
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:02 am 

hello i'm having a real hard time getting a definitive answer as to what causes this is it the trackpad temp sensor or is it related to a faulty heat sink? if it is the trackpad sensor why do none of the manuals identify the sensor's location? another gentleman posted a thread a year ago here and not one person responded to it. not that zero responses is indicative of much.
i feel like i'm in the twilight zone anywhere i've found a discussion of this particular model, with this problem it always ends with someone asking where the temp sensor is. then no responses to the question. please confirm or deny my being in the twilight zone thank you oh and as a secondary part to this question can someone please have mercy and enlighten me as to where the sensor is,if in fact that is the cause of narc. pb syndrom in the 12 alum g4-thanks in advance for humoring me:)

Post subject: Re: 12'' Alum G4 w/narcoleptic pb syndrome
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:47 pm 
Site Admin

the sensor is built into the top case. it is usually going to be the top case, but it is possible the main logic board is not detecting the signal properly and makes it go to sleep randomly.

Post subject: Re: 12'' Alum G4 w/narcoleptic pb syndrome
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:40 am 

had the same issue that sensor reads tempsand for some reason it spikes and shows some crazy temp which causes the computer to just cut off for safety reasons I only found one solution which worked for me I cut the darn thing off and never had the narc problem again I'll look up the procedure guide for it and post back later

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]