Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Problems with Safari crashing
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:59 am 

HI....here's the deal. Suddenly on my G4 12", Safari crashed. I tried to open again and it still crashed. Downloaded and installed a new copy, and it still crashes. It will open for a few seconds then crash. Same started happening with Dreamweaver. (all other browsers work OK)

So booted from a cloned external HD copy of the drive (used carbon copy cloner, great software!) and Safari and Dreamweaver worked fine! Ok, so I used Carbon copy to copy the cloned drive back onto the laptop drive (it erases first then copies the stuff over).

Booted up again on the HD, still wouldn't work, same problem! So booted to external HD, it works! Arrgh! So I ran disk utility on the lap HD and now Safari and Dreamweaver both run but if you try to call Safari from inside Dreamweaver to view a page it crashes Safari. Also, when you quit either program, the box that says that the program quit unexpectedly pops up.

What is going on!!!!

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Problems with Safari crashing
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:57 pm 
Site Admin

That is pretty strange. I would still say its a software problem. I would try resetting safari and deleting all the cache and see if it works.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]