Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Option Key on Powerbook problem
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:03 pm 
My powerbook has developed a fault with the option key. When I start her up it seems to think I have the option key held down and so I have to choose the HD everytime i start. Once started I can type normally for between 30 seconds to about 20 minutes and then the computer defaults to option held down text eg. œ∑´®†¥

I thought maybe the keyboard had gotten wet or had capped out due to age so replaced the keyboard however it made no difference. I've reinstalled the OS (twice), as well as reset pretty much everything I could but nothing has resulted from that. I haven't done a clean install yet as I'm loath to have to back up and reinstall everything.

Does anyone know what may be causing the problem or have any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: Option Key on Powerbook problem
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:35 am 
Site Admin

It really depends on the exact model Powerbook G4 you have. Some models have the keyboard connecting into the top case, so a top case replacement would likely fix your issue. Most units however have the keyboard attaching to the logic board, so you many need to replace the logic board to fix the issue.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]