Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: RAM Slot Problem
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:20 am 
i have had both a mac mall and a true mac RAM card in my extra RAM slot (boosting to 2 gb RAM total). both RAM cards stop communicating with the Pb G4 after a few monthhs of use. this was never a problem before i had the computer serviced by an apple store (for something not related to RAM at all). have other folks had RAM cards slip or fail to work? have you fixed the problem?

:(

Post subject: Re: RAM Slot Problem
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:55 pm 
Hi, I have the same problem with my 12" PowerBook G4. I can jiggle the card in (I've tried two separate cards and it will work for a short while, then it goes back to the 256K built-in memory. The apple store tried it too, same result. The card seems to fit in nice and tight, but still doesn't reliably show up. I started even leaving the memory cover off just so I could jiggle the card to get it to work. They want $325 or a replacement motherboard. I probably won't do it as i can still get Leopard to work...but VERY slow! I wish I had an answer!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:42 am 
Site Admin

If replacement ram doesn't fix the issue, unfortunately the only solution is to replace the logic board.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:16 pm 
I have had the same problem, it started after I had the "Mac Store" upgrade my memory (RAM) to 1GB. I think they knocked the lower slot loose? My top slot still works, so I just run 1GB up there and deal with it. No one I have seen has logic boards in stock, and the one I saw a year ago was a 1.33 and it was $600...might as well ditch the ol' 2003 PBG4 AL and get a new MB PRO for that logic board replacement....

Same deal, I think those of us with the 1.67 boards are screwed!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]