Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: 17" Top Case not Closing Properly?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:26 pm 
Having just replaced my PB's display, I thought I'd buy a new top case as well for cosmetic reasons. It installed fine, except for one little problem: it doesn't seem to fit correctly in the corners!

Pictures:
http://www.pbase.com/ac773/image/98217664
http://www.pbase.com/ac773/image/98217669

It does this in each of the four corners, and I can't figure out why. The old top case fits fine, but I can't make out any differences between them in the latch design. If I try to press down on a corner when it's unscrewed, it doesn't budge - almost like there's something blocking it. I looked inside the powerbook though, and it doesn't look like there's anything that could be obstructing it.

I'm utterly confused. Am I just installing it wrong or what? If anybody has any ideas, your help would be greatly appreciated. :D

Post subject: Re: 17" Top Case not Closing Properly?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

Try pushing down on the corner and then screwing in the screw closest to the corner. If you are having a problem close to the LCD on the back of the unit, you likely didn't line up the LCD hinge joints properly in the grooves.

-Bradley
PowerbookMedic

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]