Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: 15 inch 1.67 ghz top case removal
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:10 pm 
I'm trying to take apart my case so I can exchange the DC/sound board, but I'm having a lot of trouble unclasping the latches on the DVD drive. I did some searching and saw some posts that suggested that the 1.67 ghz model does not have these latches.

I've looked through the manual here and even some other manuals, but I'm afraid of using too much force with a screwdriver or other object since its basically impossible to see what you're doing behind the dust cover. Is there any advice anyone can give besides whats posted in the online manual about how to finish removing the top case?

Thanks a lot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

There are two types of clasps depending on if you have the high-res model or not. The high res model is just clips that pop off, the low res does have some nasty clips that can easily bend and not go back on again very well.

For the easier type, you can generally just see-saw the top case until they pop. For the low-res model, you generally want to angle it just a bit and pull the case towards you to try and get the clips unhooked. It is a very tricky process and those clips can even end up bending for the professionals.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]