Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: water damaged 12in PowerBook G4
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:41 pm 
My cat knocked over a glass of water into my open, on, PowerBook G4. No idea how long it sat there before I found it. I took out the battery and drained the computer out for a day or so. The computer initially wouldn't turn on. Took it to the Apple store, they told me it'd cost 1300+ for spill repair. On the way home I got in a car accident, so I couldn't continue to explore my options as quickly as I wanted. My brother took the computer to a laptop repair place for me two days later. They turned it on and it worked, so he left. The next day, it still worked, but made a high pitched shrill noise. I took it back to the repair place. They did a spill clean up, but waited another 9 days to get started on the repair (I didn't know they didn't start right away). They said the amount of corrosion inside was "insane". They showed me two different parts with permanent corrosive damage. I have no idea what the parts were, apart from they were green (how helpful, I know). One was small, and one was much larger. They put my computer back together, and it doesn't work at all now. I was kind of difficult because they waited so long to work on my computer, so is it possible they did something so now it doesn't work? Am I just paranoid? Or was it inevitable that it wouldn't work eventually with the amount of damage done? Is it worth it to try to fix it? I was told the hard drive is fine. If I wanted to erase the hard drive and try to sell the computer as is, how could I do that since it won't turn on? A lot of questions I know I just want to minimize my loss here. Thanks in advance for guidance...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]