Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: 12" 1.5ghz Black Screen after booting
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:51 pm 
I have a new (to me) 12" that isn't booting. I have tried to boot from 2 different boot disks and everything local to the powerbook ends up at a black screen with the pointer in the upper left corner. A second pointer will move around the screen with the trackpad.

It will boot in T mode and I have formatted, partitioned and reinstalled 10.5 from my tower. The tower will even reboot with the drive from the powerbook and function normally. This suggests to me that the drive and the OS install is fine.

I also know the disk drive is fine since one of the OS installs I have tried actually loaded off the drive of the PB (install disk shows up on the tower's desktop with the PB's HD as a firewire).

I have also tried resetting the PRam (shift+ctrl+option+power) with no change in results. Thanks for any suggestions...
-Brian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:26 pm 
After letting the black screen sit for a while I get this:System Failure: cpu=0; code=00000001 (Corrupt stack)
Latest crash info for cpu 0:
Exception state (sv=0x13522000)
PC=0x000B2370; MSR=0x00001030; DAR=0x1EC7BFD0; DSISR=0x42000000; LR=0x00A85e7C; R1=0x1EC7C010; XCP=0x0000000C (0x300 – Data access)

Then it goes through a series of backtraces…

Then more backtraces then:

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task
Mac OS version 9A581

Kernel version:
Darwin Kerned Version 9.0.0: ….

Then it seems to repeat the first system failure message.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]