Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: powerbook g4 12 not starting anymore
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:33 pm 
Hi,

my powerbook g4 1.5 does not start anymore :(

Yesterday I installed a new hard drive. Tiger was installed using target mode from another powerbook. Everything seems to work well, exept the fan was never starting, so when using more than 1 application the laptop turned to sleep mode, been restartable 2 mn later. beside that, I noticed that unplugging the ac power may turn the unit off.

Today the pb isnt working anymore. When the ac is pluged and the battery connected, the orange led of the plug is slighly blinking. If I remove the battery, unplug and plug the ac again, it stops blinkin. But anyway, the unit stays turned off.

What could be wrong with the unit ? May it be the dc-in, the dc-dc, or the.. noooo... Cant be the logic board isn't it ?..

Thanks and best regards,
Herve

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:15 am 
Site Admin

It could be any of those three things. Generally, if you plug it in without a battery in, it should be a solid green. If it is off or blinking, it is probably the DC-IN board. If it is solid green, most likely the DC-IN Board is fine and it is either the DC-DC board or the logic board.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]