Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Wireless
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:27 pm 

My son has a G4 with running Airport extreme, I just bought a D-Link WBR-1310 wireless router because he couldn't connect through my older linksys router.
Wired he connect thru the D-Link but with security (WEP Enhaced) turned on he can't connect wirelessly, actually with any security on it doesn't work. If I turn the security off everything is fine.
I don't know if the problem is the router configuration or some network setting on the MAC, my daughters XP laptop connects no problem with security on.
He running OSX 10.3.9
Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:47 am 
Site Admin

you should be able to atleast detect the base station when its encrypted. if it is not able to connect tho, it is usually going to be either the password you are typing in is wrong for wep or you don't have the correct setting. there are several options for wep on the mac. it is usually not going to be "WEP Password" but the ASCII or HEX option.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]