Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help! colored lines across alum. G4 display.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:57 pm 

I have owned my powerbook for about 2 years now and this started happening a few months ago. It has gotten progressivly worse. (see picture)

http://justintodd.com/display.gif

Lines change a bit when screen is moved on it's hinges , but not that much. Restarting used to get rid of the lines but that has not been working lately. Usually the display is fine at first but when I walk away and the screensaver kicks on the lines start up.

People have told me it is the display, others have told me it's the logic board...whatever it is, it stinks. I need this computer to hold out for at least 2 more months while I finish my senior thesis, but it's fading fast. Any suggestions/reccomendations would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

Justin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 7:50 pm 
Site Admin

If I had to guess I would say its a bad cable goin to the LCD monitor since the lines change when you adjust the hinge. You could try plugging it into an external monitor and seeing if the problem still remains. This will narrow it down to the logic board or cable/lcd.

Justin (Powerbook Medic)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]