Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: iPod firmware 2.1
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 7:08 pm 

So, who else is having issues with the ipod firmware 2.1-

Here's what I've got- incorrect/inconsistent battery meter... goes down very quickly, and I'm not sure if it's actually causing the battery to last a shorter time or if it's just a weird meter thing.

I also have had some strange behavior including skipping tracks.

On a (somewhat) related note, I also purchased the voice recorder, and while I love the functionality of it, Apple needs to put a level indicator in the software, as well as an ability to change the level of the input! Speaking in a very normal voice at a distance of 6 inches produces lot of digital overs!

Other than that I love my iPod (except I wish I had a bigger one!), I just thought I'd get the discussion going with this post!

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:00 am 
Site Admin

Thanks for the post Joe. I've heard of similar reports of your problems. It is more a nuisance than anything else. We'll try to offer a fix in the near future.

-Bradley
POWERBOOKMEDIC.COM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:25 pm 

Upon further testing, it seems that the battery meter takes around 5 minutes after charging to ramp up to the "full" setting... sort of like when you put gas in a car and your fuel gauge does the same thing. However, it still seems like it goes down quicker than it should, although I still haven't tested the battery life. If the actual battery life is fine, then that's not a big deal. I've heard that 2.1 uses an averaging of battery life to prevent spikes from disk usage, which the old meter was prone to (battery would go WAY down when disk was being accessed). So that could explain the slow behavior.

The big thing I'm looking for in 2.2 is a gain setting for the voice recorder! I bought the (overpriced) voice recorder on day one and it's almost unusable because of digital clipping... and with out so much as a level meter, you have no idea how loud the signal is you are giving it, so your whole recording could be garbled.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]