Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: 3rd Gen. iPod will not turn on
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:56 pm 

One night I dropped my iPod like any other night and something happened in which it no longer independently turns on. It has gone through alot such as getting filled with sand and falling under running water over the year and a half I've owned it, but this typical drop, which was no worse than any other typical, accidental drop, finished it off. If I were to plug it into a wall charger it would potentially turn on, but its not guarenteed as it seems like there is something loose that knock back into place.
When it is on, everything(music, apps, videos) is still there, but the date is set back as far as possible(1979 or something like that) and I have to set back to current time each time it turns on. The charging animation will also indicate that the battery is full, but as soon as it gets unplugged it will not turn on unless lucky and the whole process starts again.
I want to think it is the battery, but I have opened the iPod up and everything is connected and nothing seems out of the ordinary.
Any thoughts or confirmations as to what it is that is wrong and if a new battery could fix it?
SIDE NOTES: Water damage was quite minimal and had little impact, which happened 2-3 months before the drop, and the loose sand that had gotten inside was mostly gone as that was 3-4 months prior to the drop. Upon looking inside there were a few indents and sand stuck in small nooks and crannies, however, my guess is that its been there for 3-4 months and had little to do with my problem.

Post subject: Re: 3rd Gen. iPod will not turn on
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:04 am 
Site Admin

I would start with a battery. If the date is resetting that means there is no residual power inside after you unplug even enough to keep the date set.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]