|How to convert E-book,DVD and video to iPod Touch/Nano/Video
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||wenling85 [ Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:08 am ]|
|Post subject:||How to convert E-book,DVD and video to iPod Touch/Nano/Video|
As a crazy iPod fans, it’s really exciting to get the new iPod Touch. In order to help iPod user to learn more about the iPods, I spent a few days to finish this iPod guides, it includes 10 parts as follow, such as how to rip DVD movie, convert video, put pfd file, download podcast, limewire and youtube video to iPod Touch/Nano/Classic/Video.
Part1. How to watch PDF or electronic book on iPod Touch/Nano/Classic/Video
iPod cannot directly display PDF files, you have to convert your PDF file or electronic book to *.txt format, and make sure the file size is smaller than 4KB, and then copy the *txt file to the “Note” folder ion your iPod. Here are the detailed steps:
1. Enable your iPod as a portable hard drive, plug in your iPod to computer and run iTunes, in the summary tab, check the option named “enable iPod disk mode”
2. Download and install iGadget, it can convert and cut your files to 4kb .txt files. Here is the download link: http://www.youtubetoipod.biz/software/igadget.html
3. Connect your iPod to computer, open “My Computer”, open the iPod drive (the new drive with your iPod name), and copy the txt file to the “Note” folder, done. Then you can read the text file on iPod note.
Part2. How to rip DVD and convert video to iPod Touch/Nano/Classic/Video
iPod can only play MP4 and H.264 video, but DVD movie is MPEG-2 video and CSS protected, so you need an application to rip DVD and convert video to MP4 video, and then sync it to iPod via iTunes. I strongly recommend Aimersoft iPod Converter Suite; it can rip protected DVD and convert limewire, youtube video, AVI, MPEG, WMV, MOV, FLV, DivX, XviD video to iPod. Also, I always use the iPod manager embedded in it to transfer video, and from my tests, it fully supports all series of iPod including iPod Touch/Nano/Classic/Video. A really cool application.
Here is its official download link:
Here is the official step by step guide
If you want to rip copy-protect DVD movie to iPod on Mac OS, you can use Aimersoft DVD Ripper for Mac from here, it has two version for both Intel Processor and Power PC
Part3. How to watch iPod Video on large screen TV
1. Set up your iPod video options. On your iPod choose Videos -> Video Settings from the main menu. You will see three options: TV Out, TV Signal and Widescreen. Select the “TV Out” option.
2. Get your A/V cable. If you don't have an eighth-inch-to-RCA cable, you can pick one up on eBay for five or six bucks shipped. Search for "camcorder A/V cable." Remember, you want a three-plug yellow/red/white RCA connection at one end and a three-banded eighth-inch (3.5mm) A/V plug at the other.
1. Plug the red RCA plug into your TV's yellow RCA jack.
2. Plug the yellow RCA plug into your TV's white RCA jack.
3. Plug the white RCA plug into your TV's red RCA jack.
After making these connections, you're physically ready to begin playback.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group