Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

will an ipods battery go dead is it a legend or is it the truth
legend 33%  33%  [ 2 ]
truth 67%  67%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 6
 Post subject: legend or truth
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 8:14 pm 

is it a legend or the truth that after 18 months an ipods battery dies out :!:. from what i have heard it is false but i whant to hear what you :arrow: think. but if it is true then it would cost every were from 99-250 dolers. that would realy suck.
thnx
dbcc[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:21 pm 
All batteries die eventually. Yes, it will go dead. Will it go dead in 18 months? It is impossible to predict with accuracy just when it will fail but fail it will, one day. This is not specific to the iPod or to the battery it uses - all batteries wear out evertually.

When will yours fail? That depends on how you use it. Follow Apple's guidelines on reducing wear & tear on that battery.

You can get replacement batteries for iPod, at less that what Apple charges, and replace it yourself. Check some of the iPod-specific sites out there for info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:25 pm 
:lol:

Post subject: iPod Dying in 18 months
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:55 pm 
It's false...... Mine lasted 2 years!

Now I have the mystery "stuck on the language screen" that officially doesn't exist. Funny thing is, I can turn on the ipod by pressing a button, but once on, the button doesn't work. I replaced the click wheel & it still doesn't work.

I think I'll be buying a ZUNE now.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]