Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dark screen on ipod 4g
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:22 pm 

my friend gave me his 8gb ipod 4g because it didnt work, and i charged it for a couple days and it made the sound when you plug it in and unplug it. but the screen was black. then one day it was sunny outside and i noticed if you look at the screen in the light you can barely see the screen. i checked the settings and the brightness was turned all the way up. so i restored the settings to see if that would help, after that day it was a total black screen and made no noises when you plug it in and charge it. i charged it for a week and nothing happened. then i found out it was in dfu mode, so i plugged in in my computer and took it out of dfu mode, but the screen is still dark and can barely see it in the light, and i can see it says the battery is dead and is red. i charged it for weeks but its still is red and is totally dead. it still doesnt make any noises. a friend told me that i might have killed the battery by taking it in and out of dfu mode. so do you think i should buy a new battery on this site and replace it? and if i do, the screen is still dark and can barely see it. my friend said it might be the lights behind the screen. so should i replace the whole screen or what? or should i just throw the ipod away?

Post subject: Re: Dark screen on ipod 4g
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:57 am 
Site Admin

well since those issues are unrelated, the only single part that is responsible for both is the logic board. otherwise you have a multiple part failure. you may want to open it up and check for water damage or take it somewhere or send it to us for a professional diagnosis.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:25 pm 

ok i will open it and check for water damage. but how do i know if there is? what do i look for? is there like the white paper that turns red when it gets wet? also how much would it cost to send it in to you guys and have you diagnosis the issue?
but i dont think it is related because the screen was dark like that before the battery died. i might have just killed the battery while taking it in and out of dfu mode.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:00 am 
Site Admin

yes, the red paper.

we offer a free diagnosis. if you choose not to have it repaired and want it sent back, you'll only be responsible for the shipping charges.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:39 am 

You have a multiple part failure. you may want to open it up and check for water damage or take it somewhere or send it to us for a professional diagnosis.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]