Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Powerbook G4 17" Screen/Display issue
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:08 pm 

The screen is fine w/no lines, darkening, color or pixel issues, so long as it's not tilted forward or back.
However if I tilt the screen forward or backward while it's active, it will go dark as though it's sleeping. This happens at all times under all conditions (battery or AC, warm or cold, nothing running or several apps). It doesn't fade to dark, it goes dark immediately. If I tilt the screen very slowly, I can see some very faint flickering of the screen, but it doesn't go dark if I tilt it slowly.
Once it goes dark, it won't waken with the click button, space or enter. I have to close it, then wait for the little blue 'sleep' light in the release button to glow. Then I can lift the screen and it wakes up.
I'm guessing that this isn't an LCD issue, but a connection issue with the screen/display wiring as it passes through the hinge. Does this sound right? Is it simply a matter of spraying contact cleaner in the hinge area or is this not advised?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]