Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Secondary fan... loose part
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:19 pm 

Hi,
I ordered a secondary fan for my Titanium DVI and it arrived intact, replacement is going well... one small problem has occurred however...
After I lifted out the logic board I noticed a small folded piece of stainless steel mesh lying in the main housing that came loose from somewhere during the removal of the board. I believe it came from the segment in the middle, somewhere close to the main fan. It has a small glue strip attached to it but I am unable to see where it might have attached originally. Can anyone help me out as to where it normally is located and the best way of re-attaching it? The strip is about 3 cm long and is the same material as is found attached to the Firewire jack and the audio jack housings. Could it have been a 'heat sink/shock absorber' attached to the USB jack housings?
One other: I notice that the heat-sink compound (green) on the main processor is now compromised after removing the logic board... should this be replaced somehow?
Thanks,
Don

Post subject: Re: Secondary fan... loose part
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:47 am 
Site Admin

I'd really have to see a picture of the part to see what it is. If you can take a picture of it and email it in to justin(at)powerbookmedic.com, I'll get back to you.

For the thermal paste, it's a good idea to put some new compound on there and make sure it is as smooth as possible to help with any overheating issues.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]