Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: External Hardrive Problems!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:13 pm 

Hi, new to do this but wondering if anyone could help? I was using the software Final Cut Pro on my mac laptop, while the software was running the hardrive connection got pulled out of the laptop and out of the plug in the wall, when i went to reconnect it the computer wouldnt recognise the hardrive (no computer would), it turns on but won't work! would anyone know anything about, firstly getting the memory on the hardrive back (v.important stuff on it) and secondley how to fix it????????????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:24 pm 
your description is a bit vague but I'll do what I can to help. It sounds like your hard drive was in the middle of 'saving' when you lost power. It was not able to finish it's 'save' and you may have corrupted the disk.

Can you read the drive under the disk utility program. If you can, have the software Repair the disk. This might do it. If not, you'll have to get a stroger software program to 'restore' the drive. good luck. Mo

Post subject: !
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:13 am 
thanks mo, have decided to send it back to the company to fix, couldnt do anything with it myself but cheers!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]