Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Player problems . . . .
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:25 am 

I purchase video guitar instructions from Acoustic Guitar's Homespun website. The video's download properly, as I've tested them with iMac, iPad, etc., but they do not play correctly on my PowerBook G4. The video stream freezes, pixelates on screen and I've been told by Homespun that I have a problem with "my player." I shipped them a file, which allowed them to see what was happening as the video ran. No problem on other computer devices, so I'm sure its the PowerBook. I use Quicktime Pro and flip-4-mac video players. Is this a software or hardware problem? Is it repairable? I've max'd our the RAM and upgraded the hard drive, with your help. Can you help with this annoying player problem? Thanks in advance. jn

Post subject: Re: Player problems . . . .
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:57 am 
Site Admin

depending on your model, it may not be able to handle HD video. Current bitrate HD videos just aren't made for older machines any more.

It may also be an issue with the codec. You may want to try it using VLC.. just make sure to get the PowerPC version.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]