Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Pismo Hard Drive Install - Update 11-1-04
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:00 pm 

I got a 40Gb (IBM) to upgrade my Pismo that was originally came in a G4 Powerbook that was erased and zeroed out with no OS. When I have the hard drive installed, it does not give me the flashing "?" telling me it cannot find a system folder and freezes when I try to boot from an OS CD (9.1 in this "test" case). I also tested it with the Fujitsu 18GB that I upgraded my WallStreet with and got the same results. My original WallStreet 2Gb gives me the flashing "?". But when I remove the 18 & 40Gb hard drives and reinstall everything, it does what it is supposed to and I can boot from the OS CD.

I went to my local Apple store and they told me it appeared I had the drive installed correctly in the caddy. I installed the caddy minus the hard drive and it gave me the flashing "?".

I decided to try a 2nd 40Gb (Toshiba) and 2nd hard drive caddy but got the same results. I found out that I am running firmware version 4. 1. 8f5. Could that darn firmware version be the problem? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for any help!

Update - I took the 18Gb hard drive that has my data on it from my WallStreet and tried it again in my Pismo as it was formatted and had an OS... This time I got the "tone of death" 4 beeps and now have to replace my processor card! I think the boot ROM was about to fail and this is why I had all of the problems!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]