Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Odd Pismo Battery Problem
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 2:48 pm 
OK. Here's the story. I have a Pismo that started to have battery problems when I installed OS X 10.1.something. I've decided this was just a coincidence. The battery life got shorter and shorter over about a week. I finally bought a new battery (Kahlon) and now I can't charge it, or at least I can't seem to.

Here is what XBattery says with both batteries installed.

New Kahlon Battery - Capacity 65.407 Ah (now wouldn't that be great).
Charge 5.362 Ah
Charge % 8%

Original Apple Batery - Capacity 0.474 Ah
Charge 0.474 Ah
Charge % 100%

To get the new battery to 8% I had to keep popping it out and putting it back. It will charge for a while and then stop. I get about another 1% (of 65.407 Ah) each time I put it back it, but obviously it won't go much further than it is now.

Now, with the new battery in the left bay and charging (according to XBattery) the menu bar battery indicator shows the right battery charging which is incorrect.

Finally, with both batteries in, if I remove the AC adapter the machine immediately goes to sleep and will not wake without the AC adapter being replaced. I get the same result with only the new Kahlon battery installed in either side.

I'm trying to figure out if I just got a bad battery or if I need to replace the battery charger board, or some other problem exists. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Mike

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]