Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: pismo won't boot up and battery won't charge
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:55 am 
I recently purchased a G3 pismo 400, apparently in good shape as it had been used very little. The seller indicated the battery was dead but everything else worked fine. It booted up and ran fine off the yo-yo power supply when I first got it, but the dates and times were shifting so I assumed the PRAM battery also needed replacing.

It sat for a couple of weeks and when I tried to start it up off the power supply to charge a new Newertech battery, it was completely dead, no sound no pictures, wouldn't boot, and it would not charge the new battery. I tried the reset button on the back, removing the main battery and booting from the power supply, and still nothing.

I have a new PRAM battery in the mail from Powerbook medic. Is it possible that both the not starting up and not charging the battery are related to a completely dead PRAM battery? Or will I also most likely require a new power control board (whatever the name is) or charger unit.

Any advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated :cry: ?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:22 pm 
I have the same problem. Assumed it was a defective a/c adaptor and ordered a new one but no help. Would anyone a) have an answe to the prior question and b) have any idea if any data can be recovered after this happens??? Thanks

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]