Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: won't turn on... and keyboard short
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 6:59 pm 
G3/400/576MB/DVD built 2000

Nothing happens when I push the power button. sometimes it does turn on. this has been going on for a few months.

also, since spilling wine on the keyboard yesterday when i push any key on the keyboard the computer pops up the shutdown dialog.

I have completely disassembled the unit since spilling wine and it boots up if the power turns on, but the keyboard it not working (mouse/trackpad is fine)

the pismo has turned on once since I put it back together and worked fine aside from teh keyboard.

the main problem is that it will not turn on consistently when the powerbutton is pushed (again, this has been going on for several months).
the green power diode is also not working even when the machine turns on. (new since yesterday)

thanks!

Damian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:15 pm 
Site Admin

If the unit will turn on occasionally, then the odds are it isn't the Sound / AC board. This board is most normally associated with the laptop getting no power. If you are having intermitten startup, then the cause is most likely your processor or logic board.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]