Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Helping a friend, Kernel panic after daughter card replaced
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:20 pm 
My friend's Pismo refused to start up, only emitting four beeps, and the sleep light would flash four times. I figured that it was the processor card. so, I replaced it, very carefully. The replacement one didn't come with the heat sink installed, so I removed the one from his expired card, and carefully affixed it to his new one. I made sure the screws were tightened properly, and that the thermo-conductive material was intact.

When I started the Pismo back up, first I got a Kernel panic. I reset the PRAM, made it through startup, and the finder promptly locked up. I restarted with an OS9 retail CD, ran the disk utility, ran the Firmware update, and restarted into OS 10.3.4. It seemed to have worked. Well, I get a call from him, 24 hours later, it experienced another Kernel Panic. and now locks up at startup.

Did I miss something? could the defective daughtercard have damaged the RAM?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]