Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Help - Pismo Screen dead
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:52 pm 
Well, the screen on my G3 Pismo has just blacked out. I can barely see an image on the screen, but it's very dark. After shuting down, then starting up again, the screen glows reddish and flickers for a few seconds, then goes black again.

I was able to see just enough on the screen (with the help of a flashlight) to open the "monitors" control panel and arrange an external monitor to be the prime monitor. So I'm writing this request for help from the Pismo with external monitor.

I'd like to mention 2 other issues, only because they may be related to the screen issue.

1) My battery won't take any charge at all. It worked perfectly powering my Pismo for 3-4 hours at a time until about a month ago, when it completely stopped working.

2) If I restart my computer, I get a flashing "?". Then after removing the battery, pulling and re-inserting the power adapter, then hitting the start button, does the computer start up. The clock time is always set back to the year 1904. Don't have a problem if I shut-down, then start back up. It's only when I "restart".

Any ideas??? For the screen issue, could it be the backlight bulb, or the inverter circuit board, or the entire screen?

For the other 2 issues, could it be PRAM battery, PMU???

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Myron

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]