Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: DVD-ROM module not recognized
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:51 am 
My daughter returned her DVD-ROM Module from Apple M7931 (DNR 8080B) because it never appears on the desktop. You can hear it spin up for almost a minute then quits. I cannot get it to appear in desktop. I am running the latest version of OS X on an Pismo 500. Is there a trick to coax the software to scan for unrecognized input devices? Are all DVD module just prone toward defects? I have had 100% success for years with VST zip modules.

Post subject: DVD Recognition
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:08 pm 
See if the drive shows up in Apple System Profiler (in the utilities folder in apps folder, or click "more info" after opening "about this mac".
The drive should be listed if you click the "devices amd volumes" tab.

If the drive is listed, and its an LG drive, these fail alot. You will need to replace it (preferably with a different drive).
You can save money by buying a PC notebook DVD ROM (get a panasonic, matshita, IDM, toshiba etc) and fitting it to the caddy of your existing drive. This requires a small screwdriver, nothing more.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]