Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Won't Boot after installing firmware upgrade.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:39 am 
I have a Pismo G3 500. I had sucessfully installed OS X.3 and I was installing OS9. While doing software upgrades to OS9, one update was a firmare upgrade (4.1.8). I did that. Now the powerbook will not start. There is a tone when it starts up and the green light comes on (one long then one short blink) and that's it. NOthing else will come on.

I have tried resetting it to no avail. Is there a way to unapply a firmware upgrade or are there any other suggestions to get this thing working again?

Config:
500 MHz, 512 ram, 12gb, OS X 10.3.2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:27 pm 

sounds like perhaps the upgrade got interrupted... I seem to remember reading something about what to do in the apple instructions... maybe find them again and see.

Regarding downgrading firmware, it can be done, but I don't know how you'd find it... not likely to be listed at Apple.com

Post subject: ?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:43 am 
i thought 9.2.2 had to present to install os10. there are no upgrades past 9.2.2 in os9.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]