Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pismo stops charging 2 Batteries at 2hrs !?
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2003 1:30 pm 
Hi

I'm having an issue with my Pismo charging incorrectly. This is a FW 500 model. The original battery took a dive and would not last more than 45min on a charge so I bought a new battery from BatteryTech.com . I can now charge both batteries fully in the powerbook fine by themselves. But when I try to charge both batteries at the same time, it will charge for about two hours and then stop charging. Watching the battery event log tells me that "the charger has been unplugged" . Strange since its still plugged in, (and not overly hot). If I simply unplug the charger from the wall (not the back on the powerbook which does nothing), and the plug it right back in the charge indicators come on and the battery event log says "Charger plugged in".

Could you shed some light on this situation? Is there something I don?t know about not charging two batteries at once? Is this a problem with my hardware somewhere? It's aggravating to leave the powerbook charging both batteries over night only to find it completely discharged and a sleep in the morning. This situation does not occur with only one battery in at a time.

Any info you could share would be Very helpful.

Richard

raceman59@earthlink.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 10:22 am 
Site Admin

I've never heard of this problem. It's possible you have some type of short in either your charger board or your AC board. My guess is your AC board. You could try replacing the parts, or you could buy an external battery charger for your batteries. I sell them for $29.95. I also sell the parts.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]