Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dead Pismo
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:12 pm 

I'm having a serious problem with my Pismo. I tried to wake it from sleep this morning but got nothing. When I tried to wake it, the "pulsating" sleep light stopped pulsating, but the screen stayed dark and nothing started on the Pismo, like the hard drive. It did the same thing yesterday evening when running off the battery. It went to sleep by itself, but didn't wake up as usual when I pressed a key. Yesterday evening, a Command-Control-Power did restart the machine, but this morning, that won't work. I tried resetting the PMU on the back, waited 5 seconds, but nothing. The only sign that the laptop is not completely dead is the "Caps Lock" and the "Num Lock" keys. If I press one of those, they lit up, but that's all what it will do. I also put a spare battery in it. After a few seconds, as expected, the Pismo started charging the battery, so there is still some life in it...

Any suggestion? I need my Pismo!

Post subject: Dead Pismo Update
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:23 pm 

In the hope that this would be helpful for someone having similar problem, I was able to get my Pismo back to life by removing the processor daughtercard and putting it back. It might have come lose somehow, or the card might be intermittently faulty. I have been using my Pismo to type this over AirPort and got it running for about an hour so far...

Post subject: DEAD PISMo
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:19 pm 
This must be the month for pismo failures. My pismo did the exact same thing. I put it to sleep and tried to wake it up... Nothing happened. Only the caps lock/num lock buutons light up. No bong, no drive spin, no nothing.. I took it to a tech shop and the said bad processor. Then they proceeded to switch parts like I was an idiot. Some folks you just can't trust. Anyway, I am toying with the idea of just buying a new powerbook however, the guys her seem to have a fair price of about $160 bucks versus Apple's $1K.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:29 pm 

Have you tried to reseat the processor daughter card? Or maybe have someone to do it for you? Before shelling money and being depressed like I was, I think that you should at least give it a shot...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:21 pm 
$160 for new PB? Where is that exactly?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]