Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: DVD drive screwy
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:36 pm 

My DVD drive ran movies fine, until I installed 10.2.6, suddenly it claims that the current machine or system configuration is not supported, I cleared my entire computer right b4 I loaded 10.2.6. Any ideas? I can't find any information anywhere.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 11:38 am 

I hope Bradley or someone else can answer your question. I've also heard that the DVD player in OSX 10.3 (Panther) won't work on a Pismo.

At least two people I've spoken with who are using the early builds of Panther on their Pismos have said they can't get the DVD player to work. I'd love to find a way to fix this so I can watch DVDs on my Pismo after I upgrade to Panther next month.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 5:15 pm 
DVD Player works fine in 10.2.6 on my Pismo. Most likely, your DVD drive itself may have mechanical issues.

Also, try trashing the DVD player application (or put into a desktop folder to disable) and re-install just it by using Pacifist shareware extractor application to view the package installers on your 10.2 install disk #1 and select the DVD Player and install.

I used it to restore DVD Player on my Pismo. Its really easy to use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 2:37 am 
Site Admin

The previous post is right on. The drive should work fine with 10.2.6, so you've either got a bad drive or some of your software is corrupt.

-Bradley
POWERBOOKMEDIC.COM

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]