Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Broken reset button - how to restart after freeze?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 5:24 am 
My Pismo's reset button seems to be broken - it won't depress. Is there any home repair possible or do I need to bring it somewhere? If so, would CompUSA be an option (they're not far away). Last question - when it locks up, since I can't use the reset button, can I unplug the AC and pull the battery without doing undo damage???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:55 am 
Site Admin

First off, to all Powerbook users. Never take your Powerbook to CompUSA. They are extremely incompetant, and 99% of the time will give the wrong diagnosis or will damage something in a repair and still charge the customer. This is from what our customers have told us, so if it isn't the case where you live,disregard this warning.
Now, to your problem. There is actually a plastic pieces which wraps around the modem that is responsible for depressing the reset switch on the Pismo. Most likely this piece has just broken. It requires complete disassembly of your unit, so if you aren't comfortable doing the repair, then I'd reccomend either sending it to us or another professional. We stock the part, but they aren't at the online store as of yet, so email us and we'll get you what you need.

-Bradley
POWERBOOKMEDIC.COM

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]