Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: How hard is it?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:47 am 
Hi there!
I saw your web site from e-bay.
I have a pismo powerbook that has an adapter problem. It takes a couple of trys before I am able to get the pismo to recognize the adapter. I am sure that it is an ac power supply problem.
I was wondering how difficult it is to fix this problem. I have heard that you have to really disassemble the powerbook. I have done work on apple machines before. From a one to ten, what is the rating of difficulty to doing this job.
thanks.

iggy

Post subject: power replacement
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:12 am 
Site Admin

I'm not sure what kind of repairs you've done before, but its not the hardest repair like changing the entire logic board. I say with a good guide, an inexperienced person could switch a power board in less than 45 minutes.

Post subject: Re: How hard is it?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:09 am 
Hi Justin,
Thank you for the reply. I have the apple technician cd's and it give a complete break down of the pismo so I do have a guide. One question though:
sometimes a guide gives you more steps than you have to do. Therefore, would it be necessary to take off the display etc... to get to the ac sound/power card? curious minds :-)
Thanks again for your help. much appreciated.

iggy

Post subject: Take apart manual
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:41 am 
Justin,
I just saw on your web site a take apart video of the pismo. Would it cover the ac/power supply card in the video? thanks

iggy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2003 1:13 pm 
Site Admin

the apple technician guide should tell you what you need to know, I mean there are a few shortcuts you could take, but they require forcing a little bit.

but yes, to get to the power board you do have to take off the display, or atleast i've never tried without doing it first, but its second nature to me, so it doesn't bother me too much.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]