Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: sick pismo...help
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:24 am 
My 400mhz pismo crashes at no set intervals, after warmed up, will not recognize cd's, even the system install cd. Let sit for a while and after reboot will see cd's fine. Some of the crashes require initialization of HD and reinstall system software even to run. Running OS 9.21, 192MB ram installed when bought new in 2000. Ran fine when new. Zapped pram, reset power manager, ran apple hardware test and said OK. Of course after the test, it would not recognize cd. By not recognize I mean "disk cannot be read, eject or initialize choices" At one point disk utility indicated no hard drive available, however is present now.
I have removed the processor and re-seated but still have problems. Could it be a bad processor? or logic board. If it is the processor I will order the 500mhz. If it something else I will have to send in. Should I try the processor or should I send it in for tests. Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:49 pm 
Site Admin

It sounds like two separate problems. The frequent freezing sounds like your processor failed. The intermitten reading of DVDs, and cds, sounds like your drive is failing and will have to be replaced.

-Bradley
POWERBOOKMEDIC.COM

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]