Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dead Pismo help!!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:10 pm 
I was given a pismo firwire that is totaly dead (no noise or lights etc). I've read the forum and it seems the common problem is the AC sound board. I have taken that out now and was just testing things on it. My question is when I check for a curcuit should the outside of the AC plug make a curcuit with the expose board around the screw hole near by as I was told a dry joint on the AC conector could be the fault.
Hope that makes sense and someone can answer it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:22 pm 
Also is there away to tell if the AC board is dead other than replacing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:16 pm 
Site Admin

I wouldn't mess with trying to do a component level repair on the board. You risk damaging the circuitry and frying other more expensive components. The best way is to test a working part in the unit or send the unit to us.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:55 am 
I would love to just send the unit to you for repair but I live in the UK so thought I'd try to fix it myself before exporting the problem to another country. I have a couple more questions if you don't mind. The power supply I have with the powerbook has 2 parts to the center pin and I only get a reading with my volt meter on the back half of the pin is this normal or could that be the fault? Also if I get a fully charged battery should the book work if the AC board is the only faulty item?
I need to know if it's just the AC board and not more at fault because at UK prices if it's any more than 1 board faulty then it's cheaper to buy a working G3 secondhand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:24 am 
Site Admin

It could definately be the power adapter. If your unit works on a fully charged battery, then the problem will be either Sound Board or your power adapter.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]