Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Multiple monitors
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 8:45 pm 

I need to be able to use presenter view in Power Point and need to be able to access multiple monitors to do this. What video card do I need to do this and can I get them through PowerBook Medic? Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:28 am 
Site Admin

I'm not sure. You might be able to try a 3rd party PCMCIA card called Road Rocket. You should be able to find it on eBay.

-Bradley
Powerbookmedic.com

Post subject: showing powerpoints
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2003 8:21 pm 
I show PowerPoints and MPEG 1 video clips every day over a Mitsubishi digital projector using Pismo 500 with latest OSX. I set it once I reached through the displays menu but I'm not sure where. There was some place where I had to set an image of a monitor screen on top of another image of a monitor screen to tell the computer I wanted what I was watching on the laptop screen to project onto the wall. It has always worked for more than a year. Placing those two images side by side makes second monitor 'connect' to the laptop monitor so the cursor can move from one screen to the other.

Keynote has 1024x768 so lets you put more images and words in the same amount of wall space.

Post subject: Figured it out
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:57 pm 

Hi, I figured it out. It is extended Desktop. Go to the Displays is System Preferences. and enable Mirroring and click to show the display icon in the menu bar. Then you can click on the icon and detect your monitors. Then you can set it to mirror or not. You will need to decide what you want on the screen. I chose that the screen goes black when we need to work on the laptop. I wish I could use Keynote but the others who build the slide show are all Windows users. We can't use the laptop while the slide show is running which is a problem with Power Point for the MAC I think.

Thank you for trying to figure this out for me.

S

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]