Easy Search [ ? ]

* Login   * Register * FAQ    * Search

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Shutting Down Issues, Time-Setting Issues, and Recycling
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:03 pm 

Dear Ingenious Problem-Solvers,

I have been having an issue with my Mac PowerBook G3 Pismo: it shuts off shortly after I log in to my user account, sometimes earlier. It presently does not matter whether or not I have my laptop plugged into an outlet or, if I do use a powercord, which one I use, though initially it seemed using a powercord and using my old-style powercord (the one prior to the round-shaped Apple powercord) did factor into a lengthier and more steady performance.

The is not the only issue or the first. Prior to this "shutting-down" issue, I had noticed that when I logged on to my computer account (the other account is a guest one that is never used) a screen would pop up saying there are issues with my computer setting its clock, at which point my computer would assume the year January 1, 2003 as its setting. Upon reading these warnings, figured I would need a new BIOS or some new hardware item to fix this issue, but then I noticed this issue would occur when I had previously turned my Wifi off when I shut down my computer; I, thus, ignored this problem.

I was going to buy a hardware component to fix my PowerBook, but since video was basically none existent while using my high-speed Internet--and would probably require the purchase of a new motherboard altogether, according to my assumptions--I decided to free myself of these diagnoses and potential money losses by upgrading via purchase of a new MacBook.

Although I have my new MacBook in hand, I do not want to scrap my PowerBook since it did provide many years of good use and appears to have the potential of living a few years more with some repairs. With that said, I am wondering if there is indeed a cheap fix that can be done to it, either to fix the video reception when on the Internet (and/)or to fix the shutting down issues. If not, can I recycle my Pismo altogether at PowerBook Medic? I remember reading something about this before the website was upgraded to its present look...

~A

P.S. My computer specs:
-700 MHz
-G3 Processor
I can't remember the other specs. since my computer won't function long enough for me to check them out and when it does a question mark pops up since I didn't manage to finish my Tiger re-install (I erased everything on my computer's hard drive but wasn't able to get much further). I do notice that when I apply pressure above the computer's keyboard, my computer stays on longer...

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]